The Mainichi is seeking a translator and writer to join its news team in Tokyo, for a full-time, contracted position opening in May. The job will include translation of Japanese news into English, proofreading and revising of English articles, and writing in English.
- Native level English proficiency
- Excellent Japanese-English translation skills
- Excellent English writing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Familiarity with Japanese current events, politics and business
- Basic software experience (Word, Excel) and photo editing skills a plus
- Media industry experience a plus
(Note: Applicants other than those with Japanese nationality must have a status of residence allowing them to work legally in Japan.)
10 a.m. to 6:15 p.m. / 11 a.m. to 7:15 p.m., approximately five days per week (monthly shifts may include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
Discussed at offering of position
To apply, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants contacted by the Mainichi will be required to sit at least one test.
The Mainichi editorial team