TOKYO -- Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko received congratulatory visits from Imperial Family members during an event to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary at the Imperial Palace in the capital's Chiyoda Ward on April 10.
- 【Related】Emperor, empress celebrate 60 years of marriage
- 【Related】In Photos: Imperial Couple celebrate 60th wedding anniversary
- 【Related】Editorial: Looking back on 60 years in Imperial Family, Empress Michiko created own role
- 【Related】Emperor, empress surprise joggers in stroll outside palace
- 【Related】Imperial Couple hosts tea party in Kyoto to mark 30-year anniversary of enthronement
The Imperial Couple entered the "Matsu no Ma" room at around 11 a.m. with the Emperor wearing a morning coat, while the Empress wore a long dress. They were congratulated on their milestone by Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko as well as other family members. The Emperor responded with a smile and said, "Thank you."
In the evening, the Imperial Couple will have dinner with Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko, and the Imperial Couple's daughter Sayako Kuroda and her husband Yoshiki at the Imperial Palace.
(Japanese original by Hiroyuki Takashima, City News Department)