- associate ～ with ...
- Nara ... Foundation
9 deer in Japan die after eating plastic bags
Nine deer at a park in Nara have died recently after swallowing plastic bags.
Nara Park has more than 1,000 deer, and tourists can feed them special crackers sold in shops nearby. The crackers don't come in plastic bags, but people still carry them. A veterinarian says the deer may associate the plastic bag with food.
The Nara Deer Preservation Foundation says nine of the 14 deer that have died since March had plastic in their stomachs. Masses of tangled plastic litter and packets of snacks were retrieved from their stomachs, with the heaviest amount weighing 4.3 kilograms. Volunteers participated in a cleanup campaign in the park on July 10. (AP)